SuperCollider ExtensionsFind here SuperCollider classes by Thomas Hermann, which are useful for programming sonifications.
DescriptionThe class allows to
- call octave functions and execute octave instructions from sc3
- transfer data between octave and sc3
- use the SuperCollider rtf document editor as octave shell (tested on OSX): via CTRL-RETURN the current line or selection can be executed in octave. This allows to interleave octave code and explaning text in the same way as it can be done with sc code.
DownloadOctaveSC is provided as zip archive (download [OctaveSC.zip (16kB)]) with the OctaveSC class directory containing the class file OctaveSC.sc and a help file OctaveSC.help.rtf. See the README.txt for installation instructions and how to get started.
Contributing to OctaveSCThe standard data types (scalars, vectors, matrices) of numbers work reliable, and I find OctaveSC very useful. However, its functionality is far from complete in this version. In particular, I'd like to address for future versions the
- integration of high-level commands to exchange strings
- exchange of string matrices
- checks for proper dimensions when exchanging matrices and vectors
- automatic matrix-2-vector conversion for Nx1 matrices (which currently appear in sc as arrays of arrays with 1 element each)
- working with structures.